Friday 2 March 2007

My recollections By Ikeda Sensei

I decide to reread 'my recollections' by Sensei and i really felt closer to him after i read it. Those who wants to lend this book can borrow from me. Its hard and rare to get this book already. This book is like a personal diary written by Sensei when he is still in his youth. There are interesting essays about his family and his stuggle during his youth.

Some interesting excepts:
1)Sensei's parents had actually deserted him someone when he was young in order to ward off possible misfortune. His parents had previously designated someboby to find him after they cast him away- all part of the arrangement to avoid bad luck.

2)Sensei used up all his pocket money to buy candy for everyone. That money was his mother hard-earned money as their family was very poor that that time. His teacher knowing that he had squandered away the money actually gave him some pocket money. Rather than showing gratitude, Sensei used the money to hunt for a souvenir for his mother. Later when he told mother of all the happenings , she told young Ikeda ," Don't ever forget that teacher."
I felt the incident was warm and show us what is gratitude. Sometimes we live in a world when the warm, human element in education tends to get lost.


I have decided to know what to do after my thesis.
Time to learn visual basic.
Time to learn a proper piano score beside canon in D.
Time to plan Japan trip
Dear told me to pluck lavender from Prague, mmm ok i promise one day will do it.

No comments: